Have Your Say – Vote for Mountain Rose Herbs
GREEN BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
I received the following newsletter from Mountain Rose Herbs the other day and thought you may like to have a look, and show some support for one of the great, founding natural businesses online today.
Vote for Mountain Rose Herbs!
Co-op America's Green Business of the Year Award identifies businesses that are committed to social and environmental responsibility. Each year one business is selected by the public as the Green Business of the Year. From now until October 9th, Co-op America will be accepting votes for the award.
We would greatly appreciate this award, but we need your vote to win! Thank you to everyone who votes for us, we deeply appreciate your support.
Vote for Mountain Rose Herbs
|Reasons to Vote for Mountain Rose Herbs
Here are some of the reasons why Mountain Rose Herbs hopes to be Co-op America's 2008 Green Business of the Year:
- In 2003, Mountain Rose Herbs became the first and only herb and spice company to completely remove conventional herbs and spices from our product line, focusing exclusively on organics…the ONLY company to do so.
- We were the first market supplier of Fair Trade Certified herbs within the United States.
- We are a Certified Zero-Waste Facility.
- Our commercial fleet vehicles run on bio-diesel from vegetable oil waste.
- Mountain Rose Herbs was awarded the "Bold Steps Towards Sustainability Award" by the Mayor of Eugene, Oregon this year.
- We do not carry any conventional materials in our warehouse! Only those Certified Organic, Cultivated without Chemicals, or carefully Wildharvested.
- Mountain Rose Herbs supports a large number of non-profit organizations that advocate organic and sustainable agriculture, alternatives to pesticides, and saving native plants and the wilderness.
- On-line versions of our catalogs were created this year to reduce our use of paper, fuel, and other precious resources.
- Mountain Rose Herbs uses 100% recycled paper throughout our offices, for invoices, in our catalogs and for all other printed materials.
- We have converted our entire operation to 100% renewable energy through Carbonfund.
– We use recyclable and biodegradable packaging including our shipping boxes and supplies.
- Green materials are used throughout our facility; we even use recycled coasters, pens, folders, push pins, and much more!
- Our computers and monitors are even EPEAT certified at the gold level for their environmental attributes.
- We are a chemical-free facility and use natural biodegradable cleaning supplies.
– And so much more!
To learn more about Mountain Rose Herbs and the guiding principles that drive us, Click Here