This body butter recipe is quick and easy to make and the end result has a really nice consistency and soaks into the skin amazingly quickly. A little goes a long way.
It contains Monoi de Tahiti to give it an amazing scent naturally, and organic refined shea butter to keep it white as snow with a smooth and silky feel.
I want to use it as part of a White Christmas theme this year so the colouring is important and the scent of the Monoi de Tahiti gives it just the right touch, although there are a few other scents that could be nice as well.
White Monoi de Tahiti Body Butter Recipe
- 8oz White Refined Shea Butter
- 2oz Monoi de Tahiti
- 1oz Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Optional: 1tsp Natrasorb
1. Measure the Shea Butter and the Fractionated Coconut Oil.
2. Melt the Shea Butter. You can use a double boiler to melt the Shea Butter or a small crockpot. You may have one of those cute little crock pots that sometimes come with the larger ones. I have one and it works perfectly for small batches. Shut off the heat as soon as it is melted.
NOTE: Mixing the shea before it is fully melted at the lowest temperature possible will help avoid the grainy shea that sometimes shows up in the finished product when working with shea butter.
3. Meanwhile melt the Monoi de Tahiti. It will melt well if you leave it in the bottle and put it in a glass or container of quite warm water. Then measure out 2oz. Mix it with the Shea Butter.
4. Add the Fractionated Coconut Oil. Stir well.
OPTIONAL: If you prefer you can add 1 tsp. Natrasorb. It creates a drier feel when you use it but it does not go on as smooth and silky as the version without it. The finished product comes out slightly whiter if you don’t use it as well.
More Information and Purchase Shea Butter
Btw, if you are shopping in the US and looking for shea butter, you can get it below.
US SHOPPING – ORGANIC REFINED SHEA BUTTER
FROM NATURE WITH LOVE – Learning Resource Center and a HUGE Selection of Everything You Need and Then Some.
MOUNTAIN ROSE HERBS provides a large selection of quality organic herbs and natural skin care supplies located within the United States.