Rose Geranium or Vanilla Valentines Day Goat Milk Bath Recipe
I love a good soak in the tub anytime, but Valentines Day is one of the best excuses ever to pamper yourself in the tub.
Here’s a recipe I made especially for the occasion!
- 2 cup goat Milk Powder
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Dendritic Salt
- 2 tsp Oryza Silk
- 1 tsp Pink Clay
- 20-40 Drops Egyptian Rose Geranium Essential Oil (depending on how strong you like the scent) or 10 – 20 drops of your favourite Vanilla Extract. (I’ve got a bit of Boosted Vanilla Extract here.)
- a touch of dried crushed roses or rosebuds to add to the bath are great! (unfortunately I don’t have any at the moment :0(
TO MIX IT UP
Combine all ingredients except for the Dendritic Salt and Egyptian Rose Geranium Essential Oil.
In a separate bowl, first pour the Dendritic Salt, then the Egyptian Rose Geranium Essential Oil. I like to add the essential oil 5-10 drops at a time, stopping when I like it, then running around the house getting everyone else to tell me how much they like it. Many times they find it a little strong, I’ve always had a bit of a heavy hand with scent, so you may want to go with the low end first.
A FEW OPTIONAL BATH MILK RECIPE TWEAKS
1. Increase or decrease the baking soda.
2. Add some Dead Sea Salt and/or Epsom Salts.
3. The addition of the pink clay in this recipe at this percentage is primarily for colour. Omit it if you are happy with white or would rather not have clay running through your bathroom pipes/septic. OR mix it up a bit and check out this post on Making a Detox Bath with Clay.) OR max out and switch up the Kaolin Clay to max out the properties you are looking for. Here’s an article that outlines various Kaolin Clay Benefits and Uses.
4. Add some colloidal oatmeal. You can make a pretty good version of this yourself by grinding ordinary oatmeal in a coffee grinder.
5. Add some shaved cocoa butter. This will give you some moisturizing above and beyond the goat milk powder. I love it!! It melts nicely and cleans off of the tub easily. If you add it do be more careful as it can create a slippery tub.
6. Add a bit of your favourite oil for a little skin conditioning or about 1/4 – 1/2 cup aloe vera juice (I am always surprised at how this seems to change the composition of a full tub of bath water. It just seems cleaner but with no drying effect. Or add about a cup of cider vinegar.
To make this recipe exclusively as a face mask/scrub, try this Valentines Day Face Mask/Scrub Recipe.
SHOP FOR ALL NATURAL SKIN CARE INGREDIENTS
In Canada you can purchase them on my online store – Skincare Naturals.
VALENTINES DAY MEANS CUSTOMER LOVE!!
Purchase any items below using the coupon code customerlove and receive 14% off of those items as well as a free sample of Rose Geranium Face Mask/Bath Soak AND a surprise grab bag freebie item with any order over $40.00.
Coupon code is valid until February 28 – 2015.
Get them from one of the greatest Natural Herbs and DIY Ingredients online shops in the US… (coupon code is valid only on the Skincare Naturals shopping cart.)
(note: I receive a small commission for every sale made from this link. Many thanks for your contribution in helping me to keep Skincare Naturals alive and informative!)